HSBC Home Improvement Loan
HSBC offer a number of loans, both secured and unsecured, which can be used for home improvement purposes.
When people talk about a home improvement loan, they tend to mean an unsecured personal loan, but exactly which type of borrowing will best suit your needs will depend on a number of factors.
There are four main types of loans HSBC offer for home improvements, as explained below.
HSBC Personal Loans for home improvement
With a HSBC personal loan you can:
- Borrow from £1,000-£25,000
- Repay over 1-5 years for loans up to £15,000
- Repay over 1-8 years for loans over £15,000
- Apply online, by phone or in branch
- Receive the money instantly once your application is approved and your loan agreement signed if you are an existing HSBC current account holder
- Receive the money within 3 workings days if you are not a HSBC current account holder
- Get 10% cashback on your interest if you are a HSBC Advance customer
- Make overpayments free of charge
If you would like to find out more about a HSBC home improvement loan, or would like any assistance or advice we have partnered with Fluent Loans the largest secured loan brokerage in the UK.
Click here for the best UK home improvement loan deals from £3,000.
HSBC Flexiloans are a great way to borrow flexibly and reduce the amount of interest you pay on your borrowing.
Once the loan amount is agreed, you can withdraw it as and when you need it and only pay interest on the amount you have already withdrawn.
This is ideal for home improvement projects where you do not necessarily need all of the money upfront.
With a HSBC Flexiloan you can:
- Borrow from £500-£5,000
- Choose how much you want to repay each month (minimum repayments are required)
- Only pay interest on the amount you have withdrawn
- Withdraw funds again even after you have repaid (up to the original loan limit)
HSBC Premier Loans
If you are a HSBC Premier current account holder, you may be eligible for a HSBC Premier loan. These are personal loans which offer more favourable terms than HSBC’s standard personal loans.
With a HSBC Premier loan you can:
- Borrow from £1,000-£50,000
- Repay over 1-5 years for loans of £15,000 or less
- Repay over 1-8 years for loans above £15,000
- Make fixed monthly repayments
- Get an instant decision when you apply online, over the phone or in branch
- Have the money in your account immediately after a decision when you apply online
- Make overpayments without incurring a charge
- Take a repayment holiday for the first three months or every January for the life of the loan
HSBC secured loans for home improvement
Whether you are an existing HSBC customer or not, you can apply for a secured loan on your home in addition to an existing mortgage.
These types of loans are often known as home loans, homeowner loans or second mortgages.
With a HSBC secured loan, you can:
- Borrow from £10,000 upwards
- Repay over 5-30 years
- Get better interest rates than with unsecured borrowing (depending on circumstances)
Find the best rates on home improvement loans from HSBC and other leading lenders
HSBC are just one of many high street and private lenders who offer home improvement loans. To get the best possible deal on the money you need, it is highly recommended that you compare a wide range of loan products from across the market.
Our loan calculator at the top of the page allows you to compare HSBC home improvement loans with similar products from all the leading lenders. That way you can quickly and easily find an affordable home improvement loan to match your borrowing needs and circumstances.