Compare Nationwide loans
Nationwide Building Society offer both unsecured personal loans and secured homeowner loans to customers for a variety of purposes.
Which type of loan will be most appropriate for you will depend on whether you own your own property, how much you need to borrow, how long you need the money for, your credit rating and various other factors.
Nationwide Personal Loans
Nationwide personal loans offer unsecured borrowing for both existing Nationwide customers and new customers. Personal loans offer a relatively fast way to borrow money when you need it and can be used for a variety of purposes.
With a Nationwide personal loan you can:
- Borrow from £1,000-£25,000
- Repay over 1-7 years
- Make fixed monthly payments
- Pay 1% APR less than a normal customer if you are a Nationwide current account holder
- Get an instant decision online (in most cases)
- Access the money you need fast as there is no need to wait for a property valuation (as you would have to with a secured loan)
To qualify for a Nationwide personal loan you must be aged 18-79 and be a UK resident.
Nationwide Home Loans
If you already have a mortgage with Nationwide and want to borrow more against your home, you can do this with a separate secured home loan. This provides a convenient alternative to remortgaging when you need to increase your borrowing. Home loans are also sometimes referred to as second mortgages.
With a Nationwide home loan you can:
- Borrow more than with a personal loan
- Borrow for longer than with a personal
- Take your total secured borrowing up to 80-85% of your home’s value (85% for home improvements, 80% for other purposes)
- Get more attractive interest rates than with a personal loan
To qualify for a Nationwide home loan, you must be over 18 years old, a UK resident and have had your existing mortgage with Nationwide for at least 6 months.
Nationwide loan rates
Whether you are looking for a personal loan or home loan with Nationwide, there are several factors which are likely to affect what kind of interest rate you are offered.
- How much you need to borrow
- How long you need the loan for
- Your credit rating
- The type of loan (home loans tend to come with cheaper rates)
- What percentage of your home’s value you are borrowing (for home loans)
- How much debt you already have
- The current Bank of England Base Rate (or equivalent)
Find the best loan quotes from Nationwide and other leading lenders
When looking for a quote for a personal loan or homeowner loan, you need to compare deals from as many different lenders as possible to find the best value loan that matches your borrowing needs and personal circumstances.
Using the loan calculator at the top of the page, you can find top deals from all the leading lenders across the market, allowing you to quickly and easily find a personal loan or home loan at an affordable rate.
Think carefully before securing other debts against your home. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage or any other debt secured on it. If you are at all unsure of the suitability of a particular product for your circumstances you should seek independent financial advice.